over 2 years ago
This is great summertime fare... simple ingredients and a make ahead sauce...add sliced zucchini or diced cucumbers for a variation.
Serves 3 to 4
- 4 cups seeded, chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 15 -20 black olives, such a kalamata, pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 8 ounces dry pasta of your choice
- Parmesan or Feta for serving (optional)
Combine the tomatoes, oil, garlic, red pepper, olives and parsley in a bowl and let sit at room temperature for 3 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
When ready to serve, cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Combine the tomato mixture, pasta and basil. Add pasta liquid for a looser sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese if desired
- 683 calories
- 41g total fat
- 6g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 211mg sodium
- 70g carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 8g sugar)
- 13g protein