over 2 years ago
Fran Fiore's potato salad will immediately transport you to your Italian villa by the sea. Or, at least your taste buds will take the trip! With a crisp white white in your hand and some chicken or fish on the grill, you'll have the makings for a delightful summer supper. Note: be careful to keep your green beans on the crisp side, because they provide a welcome crunchy contrast to the creamy potatoes.
This is an Italian peasant salad my family and friends always enjoy. It can be served warm or cold. Good as a side dish or with leftovers.
- 1/2 pound potatoes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon or more, oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch dried, red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
Steam beans till tender (8-10 Minutes). Drain and place on a serving platter.
Boil the potatoes. Do not rinse. Drain & cube them, leaving the skin on. Add to beans.
Using a large spoon, gently toss the beans & potatoes with the rest of the ingredients.
Serve the salad at room temperature or refrigerate for a marinated flavor.
- 248 calories
- 19g total fat
- 3g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 131mg sodium
- 20g carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 4g sugar)
- 4g protein