over 2 years ago
Here's a simple to make but deliciously unique pasta salad that combines fresh dill with shrimp in a flavorful dressing. Add your favorite chopped raw vegetables for extra color and crunch.
- 1/2 pound fusilli, rotelle (wagon wheel) or other medium pasta shape
- 1 pound USA wild large shrimp (26 to 30 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2/3 cups chopped fresh dill
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until tender, about 13 minutes, adding shrimp and edamame in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool under cold running water, then drain thoroughly.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Add pasta, shrimp, edamame, spinach and dill and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 day.
- 432 calories
- 15g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 95mg cholesterol
- 770mg sodium
- 43g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 5g sugar)
- 30g protein